Counselling for adult carers

The priority counselling service for adult carers which was funded by Bolton Council has now ceased. However, this does not mean that carers cannot access counselling at the Simeon Centre.

The Carers’ Assessment is not the same as Carers’ Allowance.

The assessment will help to determine your needs as a carer. It is not about determining a monetary benefit.

To find out more about the Carers’ Assessment and other services for carers click on this link:
Bolton Council information for carers

If you are a carer living in Bolton you can request counselling via the NHS Single Point of Access (01204 483101). You do not need to be referred by your G.P. or social worker and you do not have to have a Carers‘ Assessment, although this may be beneficial for you (see panel to right).

Adult carer

All adult carers can apply for a ‘personal budget’ from the council to help with their emotional needs. There is no fixed charge for counselling at the Simeon Centre but we do rely on the generosity of clients to make donations, whatever you can afford will help us to maintain this service.

All of our appointments take place at the Victoria Hall in the centre of Bolton. We do not currently offer a counselling service in the home. However, if it is difficult to leave the person you are caring for on their own, you may be able to take advantage of BRISC (Bolton’s Rapid Intervention Service for Carers) operated by Crossroads Care. Once registered with the service they will provide support to help you attend your weekly counselling appointment.

return to top